A Lippy Bargain



Ok, I know, my last three posts have all been cribby. I have cribbed about prices and I have cribbed about "bang for my buck" so to say. Might have made you think that nothing ever pleases me.

Not true missies, I am proud to announce that i have finally found a lipstick that is of a good brand, well ok, an ok-ish brand, is dirt cheap and is very very good VFM.. and the winner is none other than lipsticks by Personi (U.S.A). You may not have heard of the brand, so here is the dirt on it from their website:

Since 1987, PERSONI-USA Cosmetics has been one of the premier export color cosmetics brands from the U.S. PERSONI-USA has been the fashion leader in color cosmetics from its matte lipsticks to the current Shiny gloss. Made under strict quality control and from our custom formulation, PERSONI Cosmetics deliver outstanding quality and value.


This brand to my knowledge is not available everywhere, till date I have just seen it at New Beauty Centre at Khar. These lipsticks are available in Matt shades and also light natural shades which you can wear during the day to office, which is rarity today. These days all companies if they make matt shades, all you get is maroon, purple and all such intensely colored shades which don't always look good at work, and all the lighter, fresher, natural shades have a pot load of glitter added, which frankly works only during the night. Glitter has a nasty tendency to spread all over your face. The little glitter specks are born with wander-lust and they will start making their way from your lips to all over your face by the end of the day. besides such lipsticks have little staying power.

You won't have the same problem with Personi. Since the lipstick is matt, it has staying power and all you need is a touch-up after lunch and you look pretty all day through. The brand has some really natural shades, (see above color chart), my personal favorites being Matt Mocha and Tuscan Sand. Both are good to wear to office as they are light brownish-pink shades. They also do have darker shades, i
Lipstick used to make a symbolic kiss.Image via Wikipedia
f you fancy those.

What did I hear you say? Price? hold your breath ladies, coz this lipper is gonna knock you back by.......... 40 bucks.

Yea, that's right. 40 bucks. That is what it costs. The only hurdle in your race now to acquire this lipper is the fact that a lot depends on your luck. If you're lucky, New Beauty Centre(NBC) will be fully stocked and will have all shades for you to run amok. But they run out of it really fast, come on a low stock day and you will find little.

I see, you shake your head in dis-belief. There has to be a catch you say. There is, you cannot try the colors. NBC does not stock testers. You have to trust your eyes and your personal gut instinct when it comes to this product.

But I say, what fun is there in the hunt, if there ain't no risk.

Go out, gamble, take a chance, after all, all it costs is 40 bucks.

Update (4th September 2009): NBC has begun to stock testers for these. So that deals with the one problem we were facing.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

  1. tanvi, dont ask me if i wud love to try, but i like the sound of the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bought a lot of these lippies.. Yea, they don't have lasting power, but they are not very different from Lakme's Enrich in terms of quality & texture..

    Plus I have been using them for over a year and have never had any problem.. Then again maybe I don't have sensitive lips.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts