Cleansers - Himalaya Deep Cleansing Milk - A Review

To continue this series on cleansers we today look at Himalaya Deep Cleansing Milk. The company website says: Himalaya Herbals Deep Cleansing Milk is a gentle cleanser that effectively deep cleanses by dissolving dirt, oil and make-up and leaves your skin refreshingly clean. Cucumber soothes and keeps your facial skin soft. Soapnut penetrates deep into pores and effectively cleans excess oily secretions. Regular use makes your skin refreshingly clean, healthy and radiant.
Cucumbur (Cucumis Sativus) (100mg) Shikimate dehydrogenase is extracted from cucumber pulp. It helps to keep the facial skin soft, has healing and soothing effect on the damaged skin and exerts a natural sunscreen. It acts as a toner and lightens the facial skin.

Soapnut (Sapindus Mukorossi) (20 mg) Contains Saponins. It cleanses the skin of oily secretion and is even used as a cleanser for washing hair and a hair tonic, and forms a rich, natural lather.
Onto my 3 pronged test:

1. Cleansing:
I admit, I was very floored by the Cucumber & Soapnut and wanted this to work. Frankly it did take the dirt off my skin quite well. But this fails when faced with make-up. It does take-off that slight eyeliner. But faced with sticky lip gloss, long wear eyeliner or mascara, it flounders. You have to use it 2 - 3 times before it all comes off, as a result of which you end up using a lot. Unfortunately, this too stings the eye like the Lakme one. Not good for removing make-up under the eyes. I would have to give this a 4/10

2. Effect on skin:
True to its claim, this is very very gentle. It leaves a slight film of moisture on the face. I didn't like this at all because I tend to use cleansers to correct make-up mistakes or change looks when I am not satisfied. The film interferes with re-application of make-up, the colors either will not get transferred properly or will start bleeding very soon. So I have to then very carefully follow it up with a spot application of facewash & then re-apply make-up. Also it did not lighten my skin as claimed. It gets a 5/10 here.
3. Ease of application: Procedure for use is given on the packaging Gently massage with fingertips in a circular motion on face and neck. After one minute, wipe-off with a moist cotton pad. Rinse with water. While it is easy to use, I would generally end up using a lot and it needed repeat applications to be truly effective. So I am going to give it 5/10.

4. Price:
100 ml costs Rs. 65/-

5. Would I buy it again:
No. (Here's a secret I found: their face nourishing lotion is actually better at taking off make-up. I discovered this when one day I used it in a hurry - the two bottles are quite similar, but even that leaves a film) Total score: 14/30 (ranked higher than Lakme right now)

Have you used
Himalaya Herbals Deep Cleansing Milk? what has been your experience?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

  1. I was reading your new post and came across this one, i have this cleansing milk and i think same that its gentle but fails to remove makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Yea, I think u have the same thing.. it is very gentle.. but waterproof mascara & liners won't budge at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used this instead of a facewash during this winter in Bangalore and it helped tremendously. I use baby oil to remove makeup so I never bought this with the intention to remove makeup. I use it at night instead of a face wash and not only does it make my face clean, but I love the film that it leaves. I have combination skin that turns dry and this is perfect. However I would totally avoid this in summers since my skin turns oily and I wouldn't want an oily film over my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it works so well for you Preeti, thanks for sharing your experience :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts