Bourjois Lilas D'Or #33 - Review

What the company claims: The baked texture transforms when applied to the skin into a light ultra-fine pressed powder, which is easy to apply and blends impeccably. One stroke of the brush reveals the irresistible aroma of rose scented powder.

The Little round pot blush exists in shades to match all skin tones.
Its built-in mirror and brush is perfect for touch-ups.

Price: Rs. 575 for a pot

Where: New Beauty Centre, Khar

Pros:

1.      I bough this after reading Cynthia’s post – on how this is a very close dupe for NARS Orgasm. I have been reading so much online about this iconic NARS blush that a dupe in such an economical price was hard to resist

2.      It is a beautiful shade (pink – peach with a touch of shimmer) and lights up my skin even when worn just by itself. I had got this just days before I contracted jaundice. While I was ill, I had become quite pale & had dark circles as well. Just to feel better, before I would go out to office, I would brush this on – I had little energy then & this would be the only thing on my face other than a moisturizer. People I met had a hard time believing I was ill – they all would just say, “but your skin is glowing!”

3.      I generally don’t like blushes with shimmer, this one’s the exception – the shimmer is very fine and doesn’t look OTT on the skin. The swatch below is a very dense one - I have put a number of layers to ensure that it would be visible on camera. If you click on it, you will see the enlarged version - in which you can see that the shimmer is superfine.

4.      This has good adherence and lasting power – when applied on top on my cream foundation it lasts 3-4 hours & even more if I use this on top of loose powder. Also it is very fine & easy to blend and apply.

5.      Applied lightly it just imparts a subtle glow, layered a bit more it gives a very pretty pink flush.

Cons:

1.      The tiny round tub is a pain to open. It is also very fragile; the lock mechanism of my tub broke after 2 weeks. Now I have to keep this separately, plus I can’t travel with this as the lid keeps opening on its own spilling the brush. Thankfully the blush is baked so it stays instead of spilling everywhere

2.      The brush with this is ok, it’s not as bad as the colorbar one but it’s not great either.

Will I re-purchase: Yes! Yes! I love this blush & I am so thankful to Cynthia for this. I love this. I want to try out other blushes from Bourjois as well.

Comments

  1. i had a look at the bourjois counter for this, but for my complexion, it just dint show up :(, but me sure, would be great for u

    ReplyDelete
  2. meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee droooooooooooling...I neeed thisssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm..quite a bit o shimmer..but such a lovely shade..im sure it would look flattering on u

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like bourjois blushes!!! Isnt this one kinda similar to peachy rose?? I wanna get one in some diff shade maybe

    ReplyDelete
  5. d color is do damn pretty !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading cynthias review abt this I did check this out but found it toooooo shimmery for my taste.so didnt buy it. I wasn't too sure tat it would look great on dusky skin

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Retnu: Awww.. but they have a lot of other shades as well, I am sure they have something that will suit you as well!

    @Anamika: hehhehehe... I can see how much u like this! It is a very pretty blush

    @GGG: Actually no, it doesn't have a lot of shimmer - that swatch is a very layered one - I applied quite a lot so it would show up as I am cool toned (pink) so a light layer would not have been very visible in the picture. In real, you just need a light dusting.. It looks quite nice on me :D

    @HD: I don't know about Peachy Rose, I don't have that shade, but this is a very common blush shade. You'll find a close dupe in almost all brands - Peach - Pink with shimmer - it looks good on almost everyone..

    @Bhumika: I know!

    @IMW: awww... too bad ya that it didn't impress you. This is the only blush with shimmer that I own :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so prettyyyy!!! Yr tempting me to get it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty shade!!! Bourjois has some very awesome stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the swatches, have to get this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review T. I'm happy you love it, otherwise I would feel like I tricked you :D. Ya the lock thing is so weird. Mine- lilas dor is fine, but another one is is flapping on its own now lol

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's a beautiful colour! I'm getting this too. My vanity is experiencing a blush overload:P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this blush always apply it... actually wrote a review on it too :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts