Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask - Review & Dupe

It Claims: It’s hard to stick to all the rules. Eight hours sleep a night, two liters of water a day, plenty of exercise, five fruit and so on. This mask is for when you have overdone things and let the rules slide. A detox to get tired and dull skin back to being radiant and glowing.

Helen researched ayurvedic detoxing ingredients and has combined them here with some of our other favorite ingredients, because she wanted a mask that was stimulating, but balanced by calming kind ingredients.
  • Sage, Juniper and rosemary infusions, ground cardamon and clove bud oil for their antiseptic qualities.Eggs, honey and almond oil to sooth, soften and moisturize the skin.
  • Fresh Fennel, fresh ginger root, fresh parsley and fresh coriander to detox, and stimulate - and their enzymes will help break down dead skin cells.
  • Fresh lime juice cleans and degreases.  Ground almond shells act as a stimulating scrub to lift away dead grey skin.  Finally kaolin and talc absorb grease and give a lovely texture to hold all those ingredients onto the skin.

Together they make a mask that will wake up tired neglected skin.
This product is hand made at our factory fresh each day in small batches. We do not put preservatives in our fresh masks. You need to keep them in your fridge at home and use them within three weeks, whilst the ingredients are still fresh and active.

Ingredients: Talc, Fresh Organic Lime Juice, Sage, Rosemary and Juniperberry Infusion,Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Glycerine, Fresh Fennel, Ground Almond Shells, Almond Oil, Bentonite Gel, Fresh Ginger Root, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Coriander, Ground Turmeric, Ground Cardamom, Clove Bud Oil, Ginger Oil,Vetivert Oil, Juniperberry Oil, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Linalool, Perfume

Price: Rs. 620 for 100 gms. 

What I liked: 

1. It smells nice, despite the fact that it has eggs. It has a honeysuckle kind of sweet smell to it tempered with some nutty spice as well. Really lovely. 

2. Exfoliates and leaves the skin looking nice, fresh & clean without drying out at all. My skin feels soft, clean, it absorbs all excess oil but never leaves my face dry.

3. It is mild, I had a scratch on my face, but it didn't sting at all.

4. While it absorbs excess oil, it also moisturizes at the same time, this is probably the first exfoliating, detox face pack that I could use without rushing to moisture within 30 minutes of use. I went without moisturizer for a good 4-5 hours.

What could be better: 
1. The almond shells are kinda harsh.

2. It dries very quickly - within a minute or two. While this is good as it doesn't drip, but if you are looking to give yourself a good massage with it, you'll need to keep wetting it again & again.

3. Easily dupable. I find that Jovees Honey & Papaya Mask is very similar to this. Although Lush is definitely better amongst the two, it makes my skin a lot softer and smoother, the Jovees one ain't bad either. It exfoliates and cleanses just as well, plus it is cheaper with a longer shelf life.

Would I re-purchase: I don't think so, I find that Jovees Honey & Papaya Face Mask gives me almost similar results.

Of course, Lush does give me much better results, thanks to all the wonderful ingredients, if I were to compare the price & ease of use, I'd prefer Jovees and would rather buy a less dupable fresh face mask from LUSH. 

Comments

  1. nice review tanveer. I too love lush, its just amazing.Jovees mask huh.....I think I should try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree to you... but Lush products that work well are kind of additive..ain't they? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This masque sounds interesting, though honestly more than the products I love the way Lush stores smell, I just wish they'd bottle up that store smell and sell a perfume! LOL! You are right these fresh cosmetics are very nice but then using them up before they go bad is a pain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lush is too expensive for my pocket. but if I happen to get a few, I'll come back to ATB for my own list. Thanks Tanveer for also pointing to the dupe. I'd love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder why Talc is the first ingredient...I mean what does it do for skin apart from being used as talcum powder and surely you don't need that in a mask???
    And, yeah, Lush is too expensive unless you wanna try something really exclusive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its so good to know about Lush dupes Tanz :) mask looks like a crushed oats paste.:P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review tanveer. I have never used a Lush product though! just liked your FB page. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i luv lush bt bit expensive..good to know abt d jovees one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ♥ the post! Definitely going to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this one, actually. But I felt it had a chalky texture to it...I got it a year and a half ago so I don't remember the smell and texture vividly. The results were lovely. I need to grab me a mask ASAP my skin needs some love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the chocolate (cupcake) face mask from Lush - that's one that I haven't found a dupe for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you live in either Delhi or Mumbai, try Iraya - they have a cocoa & hazelnut fresh face mask that I'm pretty sure is a good dupe for this :)

      Delete
  12. thanks for discussing the dupe, i will get jovees honey and papaya :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to try their products, but the price is off-putting!I want to try their jello shower gel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts